Saturday, February 14, 2009

Plague 3.13 - much delayed

I really should've released this version 2 weeks ago. I've spent the last two weeks doing work thatI wanted as part of the 313 release, that hasn't paid off. Gutted. Stuff that makes a diff to the game in bold below.

○ Stopped using JSON and started using pickle as file saver/loader. Pickle, being part of core Python, just worked.
○
Altered draw_image code and image class to internalize elevations of images – so I can pull images as part of an inheritance diagram
○
Changed physics constants so that they are referred to in a attrs dictionary instead of as attributes of the sim
○
Fixed shockwave physics so that energy and momentum aren’t carried along the edge of the map. Energy and momentum are now carried off the map. 
○
Fixed sim shadowcasting so that the tile you are in does not block sight. Allows LOS as originally intended (there has been a kludge in there for ages).
○
Added “excludes” to make_win_exe as TKinter started being included as well as numpy – don’t know why.

No comments: